Looks like app technology has caught up with the gentle wave of cruise ship holidays. Princess Cruises will be the first Carnival Corporation brand to feature the Ocean Medallion™, a wearable device powered by a first-of-its-kind interactive technology platform within the O·C·E·A·N, One Cruise Experience Access Network. It will available for use from November 13, 2017, onboard Regal Princess, followed by Royal Princess and Caribbean Princess in early 2018, all be promoted as the Ocean Medallion Class™ service.
How does it work?
The device is paired with the Ocean Compass™, a personal digital experience concierge accessed via interactive displays throughout the ship, on stateroom TVs or on a guests’ own mobile devices. Guests can find their way to various locations on the ship, make reservations for a variety of activities or learn about the destinations their ship will visit at each port of call.
The Ocean Medallion requires no charging and no menu to navigate. It can also be worn as a pendant (on a guest’s wristband in a club) or carried in a pocket. The pre-cruise engage will allow guests to provide preferences that detail their wants, needs and desires so that their onboard experience can be personalised.
Initial services include:
- Ocean Ready: The Ocean Medallion speeds up the embarkation process, as required information is added to the guest profile at home.
- Stateroom Access: The Ocean Medallion has the ability to unlock a guest’s stateroom door, replacing the key card and its sign and sail functions.
- HERE and NOW™: Guests can place dining orders and have them delivered to their current location. This feature is handy for guests who, for example wish to order food and beverages from a lounge chair but don’t want to get up to do so.
- THERE and THEN™: Guests can place a beverage order and have it delivered to where they plan to be at a designated time. For example, guests wanting to enjoy a glass of wine at the theatre can place an order prior to the show and it will be delivered to them at their seat.
- Crew at Your Service: With the OCEAN Medallion, from the moment you embark, your experiences will be curated in alignment with your preferences allowing the crew to assist at all times. For example, a room attendant or bartender will have the ability to assist a guest with booking Lotus Spa services or specialty dining reservations.
- Ocean Navigate: Accessed through the Ocean Compass, guests can learn the whereabouts of their family as they enjoy activities throughout the ship and be guided seamlessly in finding their way around the ship. Friends and family will also be able to easily communicate with each other through seamless messaging service.
Arnold Donald, Carnival Corporation CEO, unveiled the Ocean Medallion during his opening keynote at CES 2017, the world’s largest consumer technology trade show, earlier this month.
“We are in the business of providing our guests incredible vacation experiences that create memories that they will cherish for a lifetime,” Princess Cruises President Jan Swartz said.
“Ocean Medallion Class will deliver an elevated cruise vacation experience by connecting people, places and cultures from around the world in a more profound way. The service Princess guests have always loved will be amplified by the Ocean Medallion,” Ms Swartz said.
For more details, head to their official website.