Off-season in Italy just got a whole lot more tempting thanks to a new partnership between Italo Treno, Italy’s high-speed train provider, and GoEuro, a popular online platform for comparing and booking trains, buses and flights across Europe. The two services have joined forces to offer travellers a substantial discount which opens them to fares like travel between Rome, Florence and Venice on a round trip for €90 (roughly $136 AUD); or single fares on various routes (including Florence to Verona, Florence to Venice, Naples to Rome, and Milan to Turin) starting from €11 (roughly $16 AUD).
That’s some significant savings right there, with 50-60% discounts in a season that’s already known to be the least expensive time to experience Italy’s most famous cities, seeing as the partnership is valid for travel between 1st December 2017 and 10th January 1018 (Winter). You should be quick to book though; the GoEuro Exclusive Fare can be booked across a wide range of routes, but only between now and 13th November 2017.
The round-trip is probably the best way to go for those looking to do Italy on the cheap over the New Year, with the three-city excursion encompassing historical attractions within the Italian capital, Renaissance art and architecture in the Tuscan region, as well as the canals and gondolas in romantic Venice. The exclusives fares also include a number of routes most popular used as day trips, with examples being Florence to Verona and Florence to Venice.
To be more specific, routes on sale via GoEuro include:
- Milan to Turin for €11 (approximately £9.75) per person, saving 60% off equivalent standard fare.
- Rome to Milan for €35 per person (approximately £31), saving 55% off equivalent standard fare.
- Rome to Naples for €17 per person (approximately £15), saving 55% off equivalent standard fare.
- Florence to Venice for €19 per person (approximately £16.85), saving 50% off equivalent standard fare.
- Florence to Verona for €19 per person (approximately £16.85), saving 50% off equivalent standard fare.
- Florence to Turin for €31 per person (approximately £27.50), saving 45% off equivalent standard fare.
- Rome to Florence for €25 per person (approximately £22), saving 40% off equivalent standard fare.
Heading off to Italy soon? Make sure you take advantage of the exclusive fares at the GoEuro website HERE.